Friday, February 15, 2013

A Little List

My Gran used to always say she had a "little list" for my dad. These were things she needed him to pick up at the shops and possibly do around the house. Her little lists became my mum's little habit and I figured it was a great heading for this post. As this is the first post of its kind on my blog, it might be a good idea to define it.
A Little List will be a collection of random thoughts. They are just some ideas about the world we live in summed up in a few short sentences on topics of an important and less important nature.

1. I experienced a great deal of satisfaction last week Sunday when I had a bath heated by our new solar geyser. That long soak felt like a big eff you to Eskom and the City of Johannesburg after we had two power failures in 24 hours.

2. In general, South Africans drive badly. In Joburg, I feel I'm under constant pressure to not STOP at STOP streets. Maybe it's just me, but I take pleasure in following the rules of the road, because it pisses drivers off.

3. What a fall from grace. Once the whole saga is over and whether he's found guilty or not, Oscar Pistorius is the only one who knows what happened. We will always question his actions and his story.

4. If you think about it, when your hazard lights are on, they are off half of the time.

5. From reality shows like Wipe Out USA to Beyond Scared Straight, the reality show screech is everywhere. Jenna Marbles makes a valid point about this sound effect:



6. Do you think Julius Malema ever reads motivational quotes? You know, the ones that are set against a picturesque landscape like this one: 

7. I wish I could reason with my dog Winston. Everyday I wish he could just understand what I go through at 4:30 every morning when he jumps on my bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment