Wednesday, February 27, 2013

An unemployed youth's nightmare

You know you're in serious unemployment trouble when you realise you had a Martha Stewart day. No joke.

I started off my day cleaning the kitchen. I always hear a couple of sarcastic comments from my mom when she arrives home and walks into last night's post-dinner mess. Granted, I could do a little more around the house, but this morning my parents were blessed with a daughter who rolled out of bed with a housewife attitude.

I packed the dishwasher, washed-up, wiped the sides and threw in a load of towels. I then showered, donned an ankle-length floral dress and I was off to the shops by 9:30am. I picked up all the pieces I needed for my baking and dinner plans. As soon as I was home, I was throwing on another load of washing and toasting oats and almonds for my granola bars.

They do taste really good.


Once I'd finished my baking - including washing up - I was on the net looking for tutorials on knitting. I'm not even going to try and explain myself on that one.

My only redeeming quality of the day came at 2pm when Finance Minister, Pravin Gordhan, delivered his budget speech. I was sitting in front of the TV with my knitting.

I'm hoping to knit a head band, or it might become Winston's scarf.


At 5pm, I launched back into full Martha Stewart mode and I was cooking my babotie before Master Chef Australia came on MNet.

And here's my babotie which I am quite proud of.


I'd mentioned how Martha Stewart my day was to my mom and then I received this email:

Apart from the Print Screen and Paint job, this photo has not been doctored . I really did get an email about the best advice Martha Stewart ever received.


I just realised I took pictures of my food and Instagrammed them, I'm twenty-something and I'm knitting, and I blogged about it. I'm becoming a hipster. And I'm going to include a photo of my dogs:



I need a job.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you should spend time online looking for jobs instead of knitting tutorials ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you Jason. Trust me, it's not for lack of trying. Today, however, I will spend less time being Martha Stewart and spend more time finding myself a job. :)

      Delete
  2. This made my morning! Minus the productivity of your bobotie and granola bars, you have described my average day - especially the sarcastic comments and endless loads of washing. I think instead of creeping around facebook and news24 from 9-5 today I will look for bobotie tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could put a smile on your face. I can send you a babotie recipe I use if you'd like. I am in no way claiming it as my own recipe and I have no idea who it belongs to, but it was a hit with my digsmates last year and my boyfriend's digsmates.

      Delete